The Amdocs-IBM Relationship
In January 2007, Amdocs and IBM formed a strategic global alliance to enable transformational change and deliver business benefits to service-providers. The overall positioning of the Alliance and the value it delivers is encapsulated in the following customer value proposition:
Change in the service provider industryis creating the need for service providers to transform their business and technological capabilities to achieve three business imperatives: reduce cost, increase flexibility, and deliveran intentional customer experience.
The core value - of the Amdocs & IBM alliance is our ability to help them achieve these imperatives --faster, more effectively, and with lower risk.
The alliance will do this by combiningAmdocs and IBM'sdistinctive strengths and competencies:
In order to
- Amdocs' market leading Amdocs 7 BSS/OSS application suite
- Amdocs' extensive application and systems integration expertise
- IBM's superior Technical and Infrastructure platforms
- IBM's leading IT services and business transformation consulting
deliver instantiated, joint solutions to the most critical transformation requirements of customers, i.e.
- Optimizing their Order-to-Cash process
- Capturing the business opportunities afforded by Triple-Play/IPTV services
Building from these two solutions teams are working on both sides to define, market, build and enable Amdocs-IBM joint solutions that will focus on sub-solutions which address specific business challenges of service providers. These solutions will leverage the best ofexisting capabilities from both Amdocs and IBM.
The combination of Amdocs and IBM assets and market position delivers:
- Unequalled global delivery capability and experience
- Most complete and comprehensive business and technical product coverage across the BSS/OSS landscape
- Defined, instantiated solutions that deliver reduced risk and cost
- Unparalleled fiscal stability and muscle