- Growing elderly population: the World Health Organization states that the world’s elderly population (aged 60+) is 650 million and forecast to reach 2 billion by 2050.
- Growing healthcare costs: in the U.S. alone, healthcare spending reached $2.71 trillion in 2011 of which over 75% was spent on chronic condition care.
- Deterioration of general health conditions: lack of physical activity, poor nutrition, tobacco use, and excessive alcohol consumption are responsible for much of the illness, suffering, and early death related to chronic diseases.
Amdocs Home Health Monitoring solutions are cloud-based solutions to provide support for in-home management and monitoring of elderly and chronically-ill patients. Those solutions enable service providers to enter the rapidly expanding eHealth market while helping families, healthcare providers and governments reduce costs by keeping patients out of hospitals and allowing them to recover and age safely in their homes.
- Offering for aging in place: Allows service providers to offer a secure, web-based full remote monitoring solution for the elderly, giving relatives and other caregivers’ remote access to monitoring devices to help the elderly live independently, longer. Combines readily-available third-party products such as monitor cameras, panic buttons, door locks, motion sensors and smoke detectors with healthcare accessories such as pill dispensers, scales, blood pressure readers, glucose monitors for diabetes and fall detection systems.
- Offering for remote patient monitoring: Provides a secure portal for patients and doctors/care practitioners that can be accessed from remote monitoring centers. Monitors multiple chronic diseases, collects personal health records, analyzes patients' home test results and sends necessary alerts to healthcare practitioners.