Today’s dynamic market is characterized by super-fast, highly efficient LTE and 4G networks and the ever-increasing adoption and availability of sophisticated devices. "Voice" has become just a commodity and ARPU is declining.
At the same time, this exploding demand for data is challenging your ability to monetize data consumption optimally and efficiently.
Over-the-top (OTT) service and content providers also continue to penetrate the market challenging the traditional consumer-service provider relationship. They are threatening to turn service providers into just "access providers," losing their content market share. To counter this challenge, service providers need to combine bundled offers of quad-play services together with interesting content services, all coupled with attractive pricing schemes.
And everything – whether postpaid, prepaid or convergent – must be delivered in real time.
Service providers need a single charging and billing system that is flexible integrated and converged.
The Amdocs Convergent Charging & Billing Solution
is based on Amdocs’ ground-breaking Turbo Charging technology which:
- Allows service providers to build a single, affordable charging and billing system that suits their specific needs
- Utilizes a single real-time charging architecture to support prepaid-postpaid and wireline-wireless convergence with a single set of integrated products
- Ensures charging and billing operational efficiencies and reduction of total cost of ownership while maintaining unmatched benchmarked performance levels
- Increases revenues through innovative business and monetization models
- Allows rapid time to market by flexibly introducing new customer offerings
- Delivers real-time charging performance and scalability in a single carrier-grade solution
With the introduction of services unique to LTE, such as rich communication services, broadcast and proximity services, and more, we are witnessing new service challenges such as increased network signaling, the need for real-time service consumption notifications due to faster data speeds, LTE roaming service assurance with local breakout and EU regulations which all shape the way charging solutions are built and provisioned.
In the past year, major service providers have started rolling out VoLTE services for voice and video, as well as presence services. As these services run on different network sessions, there is yet another challenge for service providers, as in order to correctly charge for them, they need to be able to correlate them together and issue one charge for the end-customer.
Related Products & Solutions: