ST. LOUIS - Feb. 21, 2019 - Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX), a leading provider of software and services to communications and media companies, today announced the availability of its Open 5G solutions suite, designed to help service providers accelerate their 5G journey to move the digital society of today to the new era of virtualized and distributed cloud networks, hyperscale IoT, and intelligent connectivity. Open 5G is part of the Amdocs Open Network portfolio, which gives service providers the freedom to work with a wide range of innovation partners and across multiple environments and domains. This means more choice, faster service delivery, better customer experiences and accelerated revenue growth.
Amdocs’ Open 5G is based on open APIs and open-source software such as Open Networking Automation Platform (ONAP) and integrates with partner technologies, all to create an open and comprehensive ecosystem of capabilities. Open 5G includes solutions in three areas that enable service providers to accelerate and simplify their 5G and future network journeys.
- Open 5G Fast focusses on getting rapidly to market with solutions for network planning and placement, densification and roll-out, integration and acceptance, and end-to-end optimization. Existing customer projects in this area include the use of Amdocs services and automation tools for MIMO optimization, and for visualization and analysis of 5G site/cell data to speed-up and efficiently rollout the 5G network.
- Open 5G Smart drives automation and intelligence to the service layer with Amdocs’ network orchestration, autonomous operations, and slice and edge management solutions. Several service providers are leveraging Amdocs’ capabilities today to deploy virtualized intelligent core mobile networks.
- Open 5G Monetize includes Amdocs’ 3GPP-compliant charging platform designed to run at the scale and speed of 5G. Other essential elements of Amdocs’ monetization platform include rapid partner onboarding, agile catalog to create the right offers of tomorrow, and digital user engagement. These solutions are currently deployed at a number of leading service providers worldwide.
“5G will impact all areas of the network, going beyond just advancements in the Radio Access Network (RAN),” said Caroline Gabriel, Principal Analyst, Analysys Mason, “Open architectures will foster the creation of a broad ecosystem of new capabilities, which in turn will require virtualized, distributed and cloud operations, all of which will be monetized via a rich array of offerings and commercial models. Companies like Amdocs, with their vendor-independent network solutions approach, and their wide and deep range of capabilities and experiences are well placed to guide service providers in this exciting, yet complex, 5G journey.”
“In the world of 5G we are delivering flexible solutions to provide our customers the freedom to move rapidly, adapt easily, and not be held back by proprietary, monolithic network systems,” said Anthony Goonetilleke, group president, Media, Network and Technology, Amdocs. “Whether they are embarking on 5G today or tomorrow, Amdocs’ open network solutions speed-up deployments, automate operations, streamline innovation and open networks to their full potential.”
- Visit Amdocs at Mobile World Congress (Hall 3, Stand 3G10) to learn more about Amdocs Open 5G and Amdocs NFV Powered by ONAP
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company’s website
- Subscribe to Amdocs’ RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
Amdocs is a leading software and services provider to communications and media companies of all sizes, accelerating the industry’s dynamic and continuous digital transformation. With a rich set of innovative solutions, long-term business relationships with 350 communications and media providers, and technology and distribution ties to 600 content creators, Amdocs delivers business improvements to drive growth. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve customers in over 85 countries. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.0 billion in fiscal 2018. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
Amdocs’ Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs’ growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs’ ability to grow in the business markets that it serves, Amdocs’ ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future; however, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2018 filed on December 10, 2018 and our quarterly 6-K form furnished on February 5, 2019.
Amdocs Public Relations
Tel: +44 (0)7896 931 335