ST. LOUIS - Feb. 12, 2020 - Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX), a leading provider of software and services to communications and media companies, today announced the availability of its 5G Slice Manager solution. The solution is designed to help service providers accelerate their 5G journey, providing a comprehensive set of capabilities to manage and monetize 5G network slices from design to creation, launch and on-going closed-loop operations. As service providers accelerate the deployment of 5G networks, the introduction of capabilities such as network slicing and edge computing will introduce new complexity in managing the life cycle of services. Realizing the full business potential of 5G requires solutions to address this challenge.
Amdocs 5G Slice Manager helps service providers maximize the monetization of 5G networks through automated and streamlined management of innovative services that are based on 5G network slicing. Amdocs’ solution is being actively trialed by service providers, including a leading operator in North America that used the system to instantiate 5G core components, dynamically select and allocate underlying cloud resources, and view the live status data and event-driven updates via the inventory capability. Amdocs 5G Slice Manager enables service providers to automate network slice life cycle management in whatever stage of the journey they are at in their 5G slicing deployment, whether network operations focused, IT/monetization systems driven, or new business enablement.
“5G network slicing will allow operators to tailor and slice the network to address specific use-case and customer requirements, a significant change from the previous generation of one-size-fits-all mobile networks,” said Rohit Mehra, Vice President, Network Infrastructure, IDC. “This opportunity also brings more complexity in managing the life cycle of network slices across the siloed operational network domains such as core, transport and RAN. Emerging solutions such as the Amdocs 5G Slice Manager are designed to address this complexity with automated and adaptive network slice management functionality, and business-focused slice monetization.”
“As we look to the monetization of 5G, managing the design, orchestration and delivery of services within a network slice is of paramount importance to our connected society. Being able to differentiate an offering by providing the appropriate network resources required for a service will become vital to meeting customer expectations for these premium experiences,” said Anthony Goonetilleke, group president of Media, Network and Technology at Amdocs. “Combined with Amdocs CES20’s offer creation, converged charging and real-time billing capabilities, we believe that the slice manager becomes a core component of delivering enhanced experiences for users and creates a monetization opportunity for CSPs.”
Amdocs 5G Slice Manager includes functionality for slice design, instantiation and performance management:
- Slice Design: Supports network slice modeling by chaining various network functions, links and connection points to create specific network slice services. This includes specifying slice parameters, policy and resources dependencies (e.g., throughput, latency, mobility, reliability, isolation, volume and number of users) across all the resources that support the slice and detailing other parameters for the end-to-end instantiation of network slices.
- Slice Automation & Orchestration: Instantiates network slice instances and the associated network functions by interacting with the different domain controllers to configure all the resources necessary to create network slices and ensure a link between instantiated slice resources and the end-to-end designed slice.
- Slice Operation: Monitors and assures the behavior and performance of the various slices through collecting network function and infrastructure data, analyzing the performance data and events, and triggering the appropriate actions for resource scaling, elasticity and automatic healing to meet slice requirements. The solution’s closed-loop service automation approach ensures the slice will scale on demand to accommodate changes in service and performance requirements.
- Learn more about the Amdocs 5G Slice Manager
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company’s website
- Get timely updates on Network Automation, SDN/NFV, 5G, RAN and Cloud Networks at Amdocs Open Network
- Subscribe to Amdocs’ RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
Amdocs is a leading software and services provider to communications and media companies of all sizes, accelerating the industry’s dynamic and continuous digital transformation. With a rich set of innovative solutions, long-term business relationships with 350 communications and media providers, and technology and distribution ties to 600 content creators, Amdocs delivers business improvements to drive growth. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve customers in over 85 countries. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.1 billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.
Amdocs’ Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs’ growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs’ ability to grow in the business markets that it serves, Amdocs’ ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future; however, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in Amdocs’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2019 filed on December 16, 2019.
Amdocs Public Relations
Tel: +44 (0)7896 931 335
Babel PR for Amdocs
Tel: +44 (0)20 7434 5552