How Robotic Process Automation helps ensure business continuity in the age of COVID-19
With working from home (WFH) becoming the de facto norm for so many employees, service providers are facing significant challenges in their ability to maintain business-as-usual service levels.
Connectivity and security are two of the most common issues, having the potential to limit employee access to critical business systems, leading to serious business disruption.
So how do you optimize your operations – and their associated changes in workflows and frameworks –to ensure business continuity during these times of uncertainty?
Let the robots take care of business
This is where Robotic Process Automation (RPA) comes in. Essentially, the technology enables repetitive, rule-based tasks to be shifted from people to robots. By doing this, the burden on communication infrastructures and productivity business systems is greatly reduced. Furthermore, error rates are greatly decreased, customer service levels are not compromised and business-as-usual operational efficiency is maintained.
How Amdocs can help
With the needs and processes of service providers very industry-specific and complex, Amdocs brings a service that is driven by unmatched domain expertise, leveraging leading RPA tools from strategic partners, and powered by Amdocs iPaaS.
The Amdocs RPA offering:
- Accelerates the identification of which tasks are prime candidates for automation
- Provides fast on-boarding and implementation of these processes
- Central control of automation and RPA tool management
Furthermore, a modular engagement model enables you to launch efforts with a focus on a specific process and scale as needed.
Amdocs RPA in action
Amdocs has helped numerous service providers around the world looking to improve efficiencies and productivity while reducing costs.
A few key bots we recently put into production include:
- Data reconciliation, such as aligning out-of-sync data across multiple data bases to ensure correct shipping and billing of mobile devices and services
- Replying to email requests, such as resend bill and send contract information
- Reconnecting customer services after an issue resolution
- Forwarding requests to specific tools, e.g. a request for a specific number or to block a line
And the results were remarkable! For example, fallout driven by out-of-sync data was reduced by 60%, while customer requests can now be addressed in only a few minutes vs. a few hours.
Among the other benefits are:
- Reduced cycle time
- Reduced operational costs
- Increased service quality
To learn more about how Amdocs RPA can help you ensure continuous operations and productivity in the face of workforce and operational challenges, we invite you to reach out to us.