The world of device authentication on cellular networks has been evolving for many years.
But with the launch of the iPhone 14 this fall, and its requirement of eSIMs, the trajectory of these changes has shot upward. In this conversation, Bob O'Donnell, president of TECHnalysis Research, joins Yuval Mayron, GM of Amdocs IoT, to discuss the importance of eSIMs for telcos around the world.
- eSIM is here and growing fast- new technology, great improvement of user experience
- Apple, Google, Microsoft, Motorola and Samsung have already adopted it
- Telcos need to be ready to support eSIM for all lines-of-businesses, touchpoints, device types and technologies
- This is not a simple shift and many telcos struggle
- Amdocs is helping telcos around the world to move to eSIM quickly and efficiently