Amdocs NEO receives Frost & Sullivan’s New Product Innovation Award for Next Generation OSS Industry (2021)
Amdocs NEO platform lauded by Frost & Sullivan for helping CSPs address their hybrid, 5G, open cloud networks’ operational needs
Based on its recent analysis of the global next-generation operations support system (OSS) market, Frost & Sullivan has recognized Amdocs with the 2021 Global New Product Innovation Award for its NEO solution. This platform helps communications service providers (CSPs) address their hybrid and software-defined network (SDN) service management and operations needs and deliver integrated digital experiences to customers.
"Amdocs has evolved its proven operations technology (OT) capabilities into a unified service and network automation solution called NEO. This platform can manage and orchestrate hybrid networks, incorporating both traditional OT and newer network function virtualization orchestration (NFVO) capabilities," said Vikrant Gandhi, Senior Industry Director at Frost & Sullivan.
"NEO provides a pragmatic and seamless path for CSPs moving from physical to hybrid to open cloud networks” explained Gandhi. “With CSPs continuing to shift to multi-vendor environments and adopt open, flexible approaches to building next-generation networks, NEO could prove to be a valuable tool in supporting their network transformation initiatives."
Amdocs’s vision for network automation and OT transformation takes into account the need to manage hybrid networks, along with automating end-to-end service orchestration:
- As a cloud-native, public-cloud/private-cloud deployable, AI-driven solution, NEO helps Amdocs build on the success of its microservices-based approach.
- NEO helps Amdocs eliminate the gaps between the various OSS stacks used for managing physical and virtual network functions.
- NEO enables automated network operations and service delivery for 5G and network-as-a-service (NaaS).
"While competing providers claim to have developed transformative OSS solutions, most of these solutions have modernized a relatively smaller set of functionality within the entire OSS framework," noted Gandhi. "Amdocs stands out in the market with its cloud-native solutions, wide managed services capabilities, and NaaS to help CSPs monetize business-to-business (B2B) services."
- The Amdocs NEO platform supports all aspects of service design, inventory and orchestration across physical, logical and virtual elements for all lines-of-business (LOBs), including enterprise/B2B, mobile, consumer broadband, as well as NFV and 5G-based services.
- Based on ETSI, MEF, TMF and ONAP standards, NEO converges open-source and vendor-agnostic service modeling to reduce the complexity and cost of service lifecycle automation and orchestration of multi-vendor environments
- Amdocs NEO foundation is microservices-based, cloud-native architecture, supporting multi-vendor cloud environments and is essential part of Amdocs CES20 pre-integrated BSS-OSS suite.
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has developed an innovative element in a product by leveraging leading-edge technologies. The award recognizes the value-added features/benefits of the product and the increased return on investment (ROI) it provides to customers, which, in turn, raises customer acquisition and overall market penetration potential.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analyses, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
Manage design, orchestration, inventory and closed-loop operations for the 5G, hybrid & cloud networks era
Global Next Generation OSS: Excellence in Best Practices