CSPs deploy analytics and AI as part of efforts to modernize their data stack, as part of a digital transformation or cloud migration programs, or to address specific use cases in equal measures.
By applying analytics & AI to network, billing, customer behavior, and other data types CSPs can generate new and actionable insights that help them achieve their strategic goals.
Highlights from the survey conducted by Omdia:
- Half the surveyed CSPs thought analytics & AI would have the biggest effect on improving the network service experience.
- Although improving network performance benefits the most from analytics & AI applications, non-network-related items are most critical in achieving a company’s strategic goals.
- According to 37% of respondents, easier access to external data sources would have the greatest impact on making AI and ML tools more meaningful and effective for their most pressing use cases.
- The most strategic CSPs use various types of data in their analysis to get impactful insights.
- When looking for solutions, 45% of the respondents stated that telecom domain expertise was critical for data modernization.