Open RAN CD/CT operations: Preparing for complexity, automating for efficiency, and integrating for success.
The complexity of Open RAN automation is frequently mentioned as one of the industry's greatest obstacles. This difficulty does not come as a surprise, as Open RAN is just one of many examples of systems being broken down into smaller parts. Disaggregation of systems into smaller components means that integrating them is necessary for success. Achieving automation in key RAN processes and workflows can help to streamline operations and increase efficiency.
In this paper, we cover five key considerations for Open RAN CD/CT operations:
- Current standards CI/CD needs to expand towards automation
- The need for CD/CT to take disaggregated RAN into consideration
- Leveraging CD/CT deployment options
- The CD/CT state of development
- Evaluating integration architecture options