Two years of call history data for the entire VF Germany mobile customer base (over 7m customers) is migrated and actively used every day.
Legacy system decommission has been made possible.
After 10 weeks in production without a defect, this has been a great success...but that’s not the whole story.
- Our approach provides a template for how we’ll all operate in the future at VF Germany
- We’ve established DevOps practices, automated testing and an approach for deploying via the CI/CD pipeline into a Cloud Framework environment
Cost savings for Vodafone
- eBPA utilises cloud infrastructure – this provides autoscaling, meaning Vodafone will only pay for the infra capacity they require
- …plus the decommissioning of the legacy system, made possible by eBPA, can provide further hosting and maintenance savings
Enabling an improved customer experience
- eBPA enables Vodafone to develop an improved app and web experience for mobile customers when interacting with their digital invoice
eBPA (Britebill) - replacing end of life legacy digital invoice system
Cloud infrastructure - provides autoscaling capability
More than 7m mobile customers migrated
How do we benefit?
Provides a template for how we will operate in the future
Establishes DevOps practices and how we will deploy via the CI/CD pipeline going forwards
Large infrastructure cost savings
A potential for further hosting & maintenance savings via decommissioning of legacy systems
What does this mean for the customer?
Enables Vodafone Germany to develop an improved experience for mobile customers