As 5G SA infrastructure rollout accelerates, only 5% of CSP survey respondents plan to continue using their existing service and network orchestration systems to support operational readiness for 5G.
This research highlights CSP priorities when to it comes to upgrading OSS, and explores their 5G-related strategies, plans and challenges.
- 86% of respondents state that 5G network slicing will be a major component of their 5G services strategy
- 5G SA is a prerequisite for enabling 5G network slicing and for implementing slicing services at scale
- Service and network orchestration, inventory and assurance need attention now
- >50% of respondents state that their network planning processes need automation
- More than a third need to enhance service assurance